Sunday 22 September 2013

CRM 2011 Installation Error - The instance name must be the same as computer name

Recently when installing CRM 2011, I came across an error I haven't seen in sometime. 
The instance name must be the same as computer name.


The cause of this error, was due to the SQL Server Instance machine name being changed. More Importantly the server name change was done after the SQL server software had been installed.

Fortunately the steps to rectify this are pretty simple as follows:

1. Connect to the SQL Instance using Management Studio and identify the current name

2. Next we need to drop this server name as displayed

3. Now we need to add the correct server name

4. Finally Restart the SQL Service Services

That's it, now when you re-run the installer and perform the system checks, the error should not appear.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone, to tell you the real truth, there are only a few hackers out there who know the dynamics about hacking, only a few of them are experienced and know how to hack anything. I have been very lucky to come across one of them whom I would describe as pretty good and very honest. He’ll do any of your hacking jobs ranging from phone hacks to social media hacks Bank hack bitcoin you name it. Contact him through his Email hack.truth77@gmail.com make sure to let him know you got his contact here from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never met any hacker as discreet and fast like this White Collar Hackers. They are called WhiteHats and they has helped me in multiple ways first was when my ex spouse cheated on me- they got me every information from my spouse phone number and now they are helping me paying my credit cards debts. They have the best hacking tools plus service any one can ever imagine and I recommend him to the world. I am thankful and grateful for the second chance. Honestly, WhiteCollar hackers are life savers please contact them here if you need their swift service Email; WhitehatspytechATcyberservicesDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I have noticed about certain sites is that, even though they have tons of content, the site looks great and the headlines are eye catching is that the material is simply filler. It’s downright unreadable. You can forget it 6 seconds after you read it. Not the case with your post though, really enjoyed it reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up. passport-for-sale ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Analyzer +CollectAction failed. Fatal error during installation

When installing the Srs Data Connection (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions), you may have experienced the following error: ...